Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Week 97: I still got a bit of steam in me! - June 22, 2015

Hey everybody!!

This week was great! We worked super hard, and in the end...we baptized again! Its cool, even at the end of the mission, we're managing to get things done. This baptism makes it so that I have baptized 5 people in the past 5 weeks, and we dont plan on stopping here! So, heres the basic information:

Antônio: That 61 year old man that was a stroke victim. Hes been super excited about baptism all week, but when he was interviewed for baptism on Friday, he said that he'd have to go visit his ailing mother that week. My thought was, "Wait, if I have to wait to see my mother, you should too!!" :P So, I said, "Hey, do you know whatd be even better? If you called and said that youll visit on Sunday afternoon, AFTER your baptism! And so it was! Antônio was baptized on Sunday after church, and he was super happy about it! Yay!!


From left to right: Elder Da Silva, Adauto (a kid thats headed to the MTC this Wednesday to go to his mission in Salvador, so we gave him a going away present), Antônio, me.


From left to right: Elder Da Silva, Antônio, me.


Lucinea, Mônica, Jackeline (new): The family of Jeferson, who we baptized last week. After having gone to his baptism, Jefersons family (that used to HATE the missionaries) loves us!!! They went to church on Sunday and absolutely loved it! So, we'll go there this week, and we'll see what we can do!


Other notes:

Got into risky situations 2 times this week. Listen to the voicemail for more. Kids, if you think that someone is drunk, dont accept a ride from them! (Dont worry Mom, I wasnt in too much risk! :P)

I had mentioned last week that I stepped in wet cement. I went back there this week. Its confirmed, it dried with my footprints in it. I have forever left my mark in Brasil.

Alright, thanks for everything everybody! I know, we're getting super close to the end! I only have 3 more weeks of work, which is NUTS! Dont worry, Im working like crazy here, but I am super excited to see all of you again!! Love you!!

Élder Youd

No comments:

Post a Comment