Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Week 89: Off to the hills again!! - April 27, 2015

Hey everybody!!

This email will be slightly shorter, but what I have to say is actually more important!! So, lets go with points, from the most important to less important but still cool:

-We had a BAPTISM this week!! Lindaura was baptized!! It was actually super fun to teach her. Shes kind of a funny, slightly eccentric old lady that talks a lot, but she had a super strong desire to be baptized. Like, every lesson she wouldnt stop talking about how much she wanted to be baptized. So, in the end, everything went smoothly, and it was a super nice baptismal service. Her neighbor, Valdir, baptized her. (Which, as a fun fact, means that I have baptized 10 people in the last 10 weeks, which is cool.)

-Im going to be transferred! After 4.5 months in Itú, I am going to a little city called São Roque to finish my mission. Its right next to Sorocaba, which is a super cool city that I lived in for 6 months. Im going to be comps with Elder Grover. Hes a pretty new American (I think he has about 6 months on the mission), but I dont know that much about him aside from that. And, from what Ive heard, São Roque has had a history of having super receptive people. But, itll be fun. I'll likely pass my last 2 transfers of my mission there. (This letter is shorter, because I still need to go say goodbye to some people and get some stuff ready.)

-And, speaking of the end of the mission, I got my travel plans today. It seems like I'll be leaving São Paulo close to midnight on July 15, arrive in Miami in the morning of the 16th, from there go to Dallas, and from Dallas go to Kansas City, arriving at 1:52 PM on July 16. So, thats a weird thing to know! :P 

Alright, everybody have a great week! Thanks for everything! Love you!!

Elder Youd




No comments:

Post a Comment