Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Week 91: The last phone call of my mission. Thats weird - May 11, 2015

Hey everybody!

(Sorry, this is a shorter email today. I talked to my family yesterday, so I feel like I dont have a lot to say.)

So, its been a pretty crazy week here in São Roque. Weve been working a ton here, and we've got some pretty good things going here. Here is some info about our top investigators:

Jozaynne: (That was Josani from last week, her name is actually much more complicated to spell) She was interviewed to be baptized last week and passed, very excited to be able to be baptized. She only wasnt baptized on Sunday because she had to do a Mothers Day Lunch with her family. BUt, shes super excited!!

Cícera: Unfortuantely didnt go to church yesterday, so we'll have to see if we can keep on working with her or not. Her friend, Cynthia, has basically abandoned us, so we'll see what we can do.

Sonia (new!): Wife of a member. My companion didnt inform me of her existence until yesterday while we were at church, and she was too. Shes already been 3 or 4 times, and she absolutely loves it there. So, we will absolutely be going there this week, and we will, with the help of God, baptize her this Sunday.


Other notes:
Just to make my mom proud, I am making this ward absolutely love me. Im slightly hamming it up and putting on that famous Youd charm, and this ward is loving it. Things are going super well here!

I had my last Skype call of my mission! I talked to my family last night, and honestly, it was a bit surreal to be thinking that I'll be home here in 2 months. They can testify, I didnt really know what to talk about. Nor do I now. I'll try to keep on writing long, juicy emails, but at this point, I basically just know how to either talk about straight up mission stuff (my investigators) or post mission plans. Im having difficulty finding middle ground, but I suppose thats alright.

And, in post mission plans, mark your calendars for July 19. Seeing as I get home on July 16, on that Sunday (July 19), I'll be giving my homecoming talk at church in Gallatin. For all of you who want to know more about how my mission was (aside from me responding, "It was good,",) go there. You wont regret it.


Alright, I dont have a lot more of these emails to send to you guys! Love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Youd

No comments:

Post a Comment