Saturday, June 28, 2014

Week 39: Refreshed after a Mothers Day talk

Hey everybody!!

This week has been great for me, primarily because...I GOT TO TALK TO MY FAMILY!!!!! It was so nice to get to talk to everybody, and what a present for a son on Mothers Day. I feel genuinely refreshed after this wonderful conversation, and Ill work diligently until Christmas when I talk to my family again. 

As for the rest of the week, weve had some difficulties. Like my last 2 weeks that I had in Vila Medeiros, I have arrived at the point in this area where I feel like Ive knocked on every door, and that theres no more for me personally to do here. Both of our dates fell this week. Estella got the idea in her head that she needs to feel an answer (for those of you that perhaps are learning more about the Church, just know that you dont need to FEEL a confirmation from the Holy Ghost. Ask God if these things are true, and be ready for an answer in whatever form. Ive seen it happen in a bunch of different ways, from feelings to dreams to a simple certainty. Ask, and ye shall receive. Off of my soapbox now.) So weve basically just been looking for new people, likely to be baptized next transfer (probably after I leave.) But its all good.


Honestly, I have loved this area. The ward is great, Ive had some awesome baptism miracles happen here, and theres a home-ish feeling that I have here. Although its probably time in the future to move to another area (we have transfers in 2 weeks, so Ive still got some time here,) I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here in Júlio de Mesquita.

And I suppose that I shall end this with a simple declaration. I know that this church is the Church of Jesus Christ, built on the firm foundation of prophets, apostles, and authority of God. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ (the pathway to return to Him, through Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End) was restored by a prophet called of God. And I know that I am on the Lords errand here in Brazil, where I have been for 9 months now. And anybody that wants to know the truth of these things can talk to the missionaries, and afterwards ask God if these things are true. And if you ask with faith, real intent, and a sincere heart, you have the right to receive this confirmation.

Alright, on to individual emails! Love you all!

Elder Youd

No comments:

Post a Comment