Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Week 12: "Well the years went by, and rock just died, Suzy went and left me for some foreign guy."

This week's subject aren't anything significant. Just the Elton John song that's stuck in my head. Come on, people.

Oi everybody! Boa semana!

This week has been great. I went to the doctor on wednesday about my ankle. 2 pieces of information: 1, it's better and I can work again, and 2, apparently a good portion of this injury was actually a previous injury. Apparently that time last April when I was playing football and twisted my ankle? Yeah. Apparently I've been walking on a kinda-broken ankle for about 6 months now. So if you ever had doubts about my masculinity or Americanity, now your fears can die. I am a manly American.

This week, ECG and I went out of the gates running. We contacted a whole bunch of people (got 28 new addresses for people to visit in 5 days), and we got 2 new baptismal commitments! The first is Robinson, a younger family man that's mostly just looking for a church to go to. I don't know if he's going to follow through, but he accepted a date for the 16th. The other is Patricia, a 20-something young woman that works with a member, Lucinaura. Lucinaura has already told Patricia a ton about the church, so teaching a lesson with her last night was easy. And she said that she's already "80% sure that the church is true." So she said that she'd get baptized the 16th also! The only problem with her is that she technically lives in the boundaries of another ward, so we'll have to figure out if she can attend the same ward as Lucinaura. (Lucinaura lives barely in our ward boundaries.)

Unfortunately, we're starting to have some problems with Marcia and her family. For some reason we haven't been able to talk to her this week, because she's always had a problem with the times. But I have faith that she'll pull through to the waters of baptism.

I would try and think of more people that we've talked to this week, but we have so many right now! We've just done a TON of contacting this week. 

Oh! My new favorite excuse that I've heard someone say for why they can't meet with us today. We were about to visit Carmem, a kinda crazy investigator old woman. We visited her house, and she said, "I'm sorry, meninas (younglings), I can't talk with you today, because I have angry feelings towards my neighbor right now." I wasn't even disappointed. She's kinda crazy, and I kinda love it. During our first lesson with her, I asked if she had sinned since she was baptized with another church. She thought for about 30 seconds, then said, "Well...I don't drink and I don't have sex with people, so no, I don't think I've sinned." We had absolutely no idea what to say to that. We mostly just moved on.

Okay! Thanks for all the support that I've had from you all this week! Time to upload pictures and respond to individual emails! Thanks for all your support!

Elder Youd

No comments:

Post a Comment