Saturday, April 19, 2014

Week 35: Happy 8 Months!

Hey everybody,

Thats right, today marks 8 months that Ive been doing this work as a missionary!! I entered the MTC in Utah on August 14, fat, sweaty, and not really sure what I was doing. Now, on the bright side, I only still have the sweatiness. Progress is beautiful indeed.

ill be quite honest, this week was a bit more difficult for us. We spent a whole lot of time focusing on Joelson and his baptism, and unfortunately, it didnt happen again. The rest of our week was focusing on new people, where we had more success.

Joelson- You can listen to the voicemail for the whole story, but basically, Joelson pulled out at the last minute. Were not gonna waste any time to get working with him again this week, with a goal to baptize him on the 26th of April, so that he doesnt lose any more momentum.

Larissa (perhaps new?)- I dont remember if Ive ever talked about Larissa here. I contacted her with Elder Sepulveda a long time ago. We taught her (15 years old) with her friends, and she had interest; however, she never came to church, so we eventually dropped her. But one night, Elder Taveira and I were walking and saw her, and invited her one last time to church. And she ended up coming. Since then, weve been working with her, and this week, she said that she wants to be baptized! Shes not incredibly intelligent, but she likes the church and wants to learn more.

(Again, these past couple weeks, weve been focusing more on finding new people. Were starting to establish a larger teaching group.)

Other notes:

My electric razor broke last week. Thank you, Brazilian power systems. I think it just burned out my razor while it was charging. It started having to recharge more and more frequently, and now, its dead. Ive had to relearn how to shave with a razor. I feel primitive.

Ill send photos of this, but this week has been hot, and in an attempt to cool down/have house bonding, we all shaved a bit of our legs. (I just shaved the lower half.) Its quite attractive. Yes, ladies, Ill send you pictures. Be excited.

Alright, thank you all for continuing to write to me! I shall keep working hard, and you shall all continue supporting me! Love you all!

Elder Youd

No comments:

Post a Comment